Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hanging Tree of Jaffa


As I explored and enjoyed my journey through Jaffa, I was quite surprised by a sight I came upon in one of Jaffa’s courtyards.


I can only best describe it as a Hanging Tree.

This solitary tree is suspended by cables and encased in a type of pod that provides its nourishment and contains its roots and support.



I had heard that the neighbors living in this courtyard desired a view out their windows to look out on to. Since it would be impossible to destroy the stonework that makes up this historic neighborhood, the residents devised a method to still have their view as well as preserving the courtyard!

I honestly cannot tell you how to locate this exact spot in Jaffa, but the true beauty of it's discovery is the adventure of finding it!. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin